(NQF Level 6, 12 Credits.
Occupational Skill Course: Pastoral Counselling
Overview and the Purpose
The purpose of this Pastoral Counselling Course is to equip and enable the learner with the necessary theory and practical skills in pastoral counselling care to bring hope and healing to a variety of situations and/or contexts as a counsellor or therapist. Our communities are growing in need of emotional, relational, and spiritual healing and restoration, and you will be provided with the skills to meet this need.
Additionally, you will develop the necessary understanding of pastoral care so that you can provide proper counselling services to members of your congregation or to those in need within the community at large.
- The concept of pastoral counselling in a Christian context
- Models of pastoral counselling
- Doing pastoral counselling
- The underlying principles of specific counselling interventions
- Counselling in a culturally complex situation
- Counselling administration
Why study at our Institution?
- A registered, credit-based and high-quality occupational skill programme at the lowest cost.
- The course will culminate in the awarding of a credit certificate, as well as your engaging in practical learning experiences.
- You may use the achieved credits for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Accumulation and Transfer purposes towards related qualifications.
Teaching and Learning
This course will be delivered online.
- Copy of ID/Passport
- Signed PoPI agreement
- Proof of Payment
8 Weeks (120 hours of study including assessments)
|Application Fee||Not Applicable|
|Course fee (Non-Refundable)||R 3 900|
Note: The course fee is payable as one payment during online registration, there is not requirement for prior learning to this short skill Course.